Tuesday 28 January 2014

Bangkok's Hidden Gem: Brunch at Karmakamet Diner

Bangkok's 24 degrees celsius days has been divine! I could only wish that it lasts a little longer before we have to face our long sweaty summer days. Better make the best of it! 

As I was browsing for potential places to have my perfect brunch, the criteria were that the restaurant has to be a place where my little part of my weekend could be well spent and that it has to be soothing for both my emotions and my growling tummy!  

Karmakamet Diner came up on the list. An interesting looking setting with trees all around with a warm and cosy wooden rustic interiors. Most importantly, the menu sounds delish! 


Karmakamet Diner Contacts:

30/1 Sukhumvit Soi 24, Bangkok, Thailand

The restaurant is right beside The Emporium, just in between the Benjasiri Park. The street where the restaurant is located at is TINY! so I guess the best thing to do would be to park at the Emporium just by the Emporium Suites side (though you will need to pay for the parking fees if you are parking over 2 hours without the mall's parking stamp) and walk over to the restaurant. 

If you are using the BTS (Skytrain) then get off at Phrom Phong station and walk towards the street with the mall on your left and the park on your right. Once you have past the car park buildings, the small street should be right on your left hand side, walk in and the restaurant will be right at the end. 

If you still have troubles finding the place, call them up. 


Phone Number: 02-262-0700-1

Opening Hours: 9am - 11pm daily


Once you've reached the end of the street, you'll find Karmakarmet Diner!



I absolutely adore their interiors, so pretty and relaxing! They really have paid attention to the little details. 


The menus are for lunch and dinner are different here and there were too many dishes that sounded so yummy, it actually took me quite a while to decide what I really wanted. Life is tough! lol.



The gravlax sounds so yums, will def try it next time (since im with my brother and he is not really into smoked salmon =( )







English breakfast tea while waiting for my food to be served! 



Yay! Our first dish has arrived.
Mozzarella di bufala campana salad [530THB]

Salad of campania buffalo mozzarella, fresh organic tomatoes, baked tomatoes on vine, red onion, basil, parmesan and balsamic vinaigrette. 

The serving was quite large, definitely enough for 2. The balsamic vinaigrette was not too overpowering, the mozzarella was creamy and soft and the shallots actually add on this extra kick to this dish. The baked tomatoes were actually much sweeter than the fresh ones, this dish had many flavours and they were very well paired. 


Penne beef tongue bordelaise sauce [390THB]

Penne with braised beef tongue in red wine and cream, marinated artichokes and pearl onions.

The beef tongue is very tender, the texture is just right plus having it with the sauce is just divine. The slightly sweet and creamy sauce along with the fragrance of herbs completes it. The penne was also well cooked. 



Brie avocado omelette [290THB]

Truly luscious mushroom omelette with the filling of brie, avocado, oven-dried tomatoes, sofrito, bouquet of wild rocket.

I was pretty amazed by the serving size of this omelette! This can easily serve two. However, the omelette, from the looks of it has already won my heart. It looks soft and runny with loads of variations of ingredients inside it. Eggs were soft and perfectly seasoned. Generous amounts of brie were added in for the extra creaminess. Ok, I loved the dish, but half way through I felt that it was slightly overwhelming as the brie and avocado became too creamy for my liking. I have to say that the wild rocket tossed in balsamic vinegar has really helped me overcome this 'too much' feeling. So for my opinion, if the serving size was slightly smaller or something else was added into the omelette to make it less creamy (because having less brie wouldn't give the same taste! - it was just right) then it would have made this omelette one of the best omelettes I've ever had. 


Let's look at the atmosphere inside Karmakamet Diner's!






The seats outdoors looked delightful, I guess I will ask for a seat outside for my next visit!

I would say that the food served here is awesome; there was nothing to blame about the service as the waiter who served my table was able to recommend dishes well and attentive. I can assure you that this little gem in the heart of Bangkok will leave you feeling wonderfully at ease and you might for a while feel like you are in a different world- a cute retro secret world.

Food: 9/10
Atmosphere: 10/10
Service: 9/10
Price: BBB

If you're Thai and is looking for this review in Thai then please click on the link below for my Thai Pantip page :)


Thank you! :) xx




No comments:

Post a Comment